The public health minor focuses on maintaining a healthy society through the control of disease, education about health and disease prevention, and organized efforts to preserve healthy environments. This minor is intended for students who want to learn about the public health field. This minor can be combined with any major and minor. This minor is available to both PALS (day) and Career (evening) students.
Minor Requirements (18 or 19 credits)
- BIOL 2400 Applied Microbiology (3 credits) OR BIOL 3400 Microbiology/Lab (4 credits)
- ENVS 3101 Introduction to Public Health (3 credits)
- ENVS 3201 Environment, Culture, Ethnicity, and Health (3 credits)
- ENVS 4002 Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (3 credits)
- ENVS 4210 Environmental Epidemiology (3 credits)
- ENVS 4310 Environmental Health (3 credits)
The academic program and curriculum requirements listed on this page are from the 2014-2015 edition of the NSU Undergraduate Student Catalog. Students are bound by policies and curricula published in the catalog in effect the semester they enter the university, unless an agreement is made with appropriate NSU administration officials allowing them to abide by policies published in a later catalog.