The Clinic Exploration Program (CEP), housed within the Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography, offers students the opportunity to shadow medical professionals on the job in many of NSU’s medical and health clinics. Program participants gain a broad perspective that shows how various medical fields work together and a practical, up-close review of several medical career options.
All undergraduate students may take part in CEP, no matter what major they pursue. Each rotation lasts two hours per week, for three weeks. Because this is a volunteer program, member commitments are flexible and voluntary. For more information, refer to the CEP Orientation Packet or email email@example.com.
Who Can Participate
Any NSU undergraduate student in good standing who wants to participate in CEP must:
- have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- be registered for classes at NSU
- complete OSHA and HIPAA trainings
- be curious about various health professions
- conform to scheduled assignments, dress codes, and other professional responsibilities
How to Enroll
- Complete the Clinic Exploration Program Application
- Complete OSHA blood-borne pathogen safety training
- Take HIPAA Privacy and Security training
- Turn in completed application to Parker Building, Suite 367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students are offered the opportunity to participate in CEP each semester
- In order to participate in the upcoming Fall semester, please have applications turned in by April 1st. If you wish to start in the upcoming Winter term, please submit applications by October 30th, as trainings take place the semester before beginning the program. If you turn in applications between acceptance periods, your application will be held for the following semester.
- Athletic Training
- Internal Medicine
- Occupational Therapy
- Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine
- Sports Medicine