Dept. of Chemistry and Physics
- Doctor of Philosophy in Chemistry, 2003. University of California, Irvine, CA. Synthesis and Characterization of Lanthanide Diene Polymerization Catalysts and Complexes Containing Diene Environments. Advisor: Dr. William J. Evans
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, 1996. Baldwin-Wallace College, Berea, OH. Synthesis of Electron Withdrawing Aryl Germanes. Advisor: Dr. Norman J. Wells Teaching
- Professor, 2014-present. Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Associate Professor, 2008-2014. Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Assistant Professor, 2003-2008. Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Teaching Assistant, 1998-2003. University of California, Irvine, CA.
- Lab Supervisor of Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography, 2015-present Nova Southeastern, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Assistant Director of Math Science and Technology, 2012-2015. Nova Southeastern, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
- Science Coordinator, of Math Science and Technology, 2007-2012. Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Area(s) of Research and Expertise
- Synthesis of bimetallic and trimetallic iron and ruthenium organometallic compounds as photosensitizers
- Biosoprtion of heavy metals by algae • Lipid production and extraction from algae for biofuel use
- Synthesis, solution characterization, and solid-state structure elucidation of highly reactive lanthanide, actinide, transition metal, and main group organometallic and inorganic compounds.
- Synthesis and solution characterization of new porphyrin compounds
- Manipulation of air and water sensitive materials using high vacuum, Schlenk, and inert atmosphere box techniques.
- Synthesis and characterization of diene polymerization catalysts derived from metal carboxylates, alkyl aluminums, and alkyl aluminum halides.
- Synthesis and characterization of polymers derived from dienes.
- Synthesis and characterization of lanthanide saccharide complexes.
- Analytical techniques including multinuclear NMR, X-ray crystallography, in-situ IR spectroscopy, TLC, GPC, GCMS, MALDI, UV-VIS, HPLC, and luminescence spectroscopy.