The Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography mentorship program was created to promote diversity, collaboration, and community in our student body. Working with NSU's Vision 2020, this program is designed to create a supportive environment for new students as well as and increase the Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography students' confidence and leadership skills by also reinforcing the goals, objectives, and the mission of NSU.
The Peer Mentorship Program is constantly evolving to aid incoming Halmos students with their transition into the school and the College’s culture. Peer Mentors serve as leaders. Part of their mandate is to guide their mentees to available university resources. Peer mentors understand the importance of communication with their mentee and work to develop a significant and lasting relationship.
The Peer Mentorship Program Consists of:
- Experiential Learning activities
- Leadership opportunities
- Community outreach
- Campus tours
- Student Orientations
- Networking and co-curricular opportunities
- Commitment to meet with mentee minimally on a monthly basis, and maintain ongoing communication
- Interaction with mentee to provide guidance, knowledge, and share experiences
- Graduate student leadership and self-awareness for peer mentors
- A unique set of personal and professional goals & learning outcomes
- Inclusion of in-house and distance/online mentors in an integrated mentorship program
For more information or to apply to the mentorship program, contact Dr. Jody Hastings at 954-262-3663 or by email at email@example.com.